Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Facilitator



Yesterday, my Life Group Leader texted me to facilitate our Life Group tonight. At first, I am hesitant to accept it because I know that I can’t speak in front of many people or a crowd but I remember my prayer to our Father to use me in sharing his word and to encourage others as well.

I arrived early at church. While waiting for my Life Group to arrive, I prepare our tables and chairs, and I asked God to give me wisdom and confidence to facilitate our gathering. When we are complete, Jeng told the body that I will facilitate our gathering tonight while Tina will be the intercessor. She also said that we should always be prepared because we do not know who will facilitate and intercede next time.

We started our Life Group with a prayer led by Tina and a game. Then followed by sharing about “Inspiration”. We shared our thoughts and hearts regarding the scriptures below.

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.”
(2 Timothy 3:16, NLT)

“Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human! Having become human, he stayed human. It was an incredibly humbling process. He didn't claim special privileges. Instead, he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death—and the worst kind of death at that—a crucifixion.”
(Philippians 2:3-8, TMSG)


Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
(Philippians 2:9-11, NIV)

We have different insights and understanding but they are all God inspired and I believe our cups overflowed again. And we have an assignment for next week that is to memorize the foundation verse of our church.

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.”
(1 John 3:16, NIV)


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you for your grace that helps me to do the things that is new to me. Father, thank you for using my life group to encourage and to inspire me more for us to have a deeper and closer relationship. I love you, Dad. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen!


0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace