Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Childlike Faith


“Woohooo! We’re alive! Let’s run before God and seek Him in the field!” These are the words that I said to my siblings when we woke up. Crazy, huh? I want to run before God and seek Him literally. Because I do not mind the rain and the slippery road, I fell and got wounds and bruises on my knees and in my arms but it all worth it. Hahaha!


My siblings are still sleepy when I invite them to walk in the field. Then I saw my 2 year old niece, Ayelle and she is happily singing her new memorize song, God is Able. I smiled and I told my siblings, “Ayelle and I will seek God in the field!” While we are walking, we are singing gospel songs she knew. Here are our lineup songs:

The Anthem by Planetshakers
Happy Day by Tim Hughes
Sing Sing by Chris Tomlin
I Know Who I Am by Israel Houghton
You Are God Alone by Philips, Craig and Dean
God is Able by Hillsongs

Sometimes I’m thinking of “How can I have a faith like a child (childlike faith)?” Jesus said in the Book of Mark, Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.  I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.”

As I was researching about this, I’ve learned that it pleases God when we come to Him in childlike faith because children believe without any evaluation. We, adults tend to evaluate first before believing in His ways, words, miracles and existence himself. And most of the time we fail Him because of our little faith in Him.

May we learn to believe in our God like a child as we walk with Him through our lives.



Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

May your grace strengthen us to walk with you with a childlike faith. Father, forgive us if we doubted you. We know that most of the time we failed you because of evaluating your ways, words, promises and your existence. I’m sorry and I love you, Dad. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace