Friday, August 19, 2011

Pause To Pray

Pause to Pray.

I’m the Quality Officer of the Day and I forgot to bring a book with me. I want to be sad but I know that there’s a purpose why this happened. Maybe God wants me to concentrate on my task or He wants me to observe the things around me, we really don’t know the real purpose.


As I observe the people that are coming in and out of our office and the people outside the building, I realized how busy they are. Work there, work here. Then suddenly, I asked myself, “Do they pause for a second to thank God for the goodness and faithfulness in their lives?” or “Do they think about God while running their errands or in the midst of their work?”

Well, if you’re going to ask me that question way way back before, I will answer you, “not really”. But now, I can say that I am! Every time I excuse myself to go to the bathroom, I always thank God for what He has done to me and of course, I’m also asking Him to give me a humble and pure heart, and also to give me the virtues of patience, understanding and respect.

Now, my dear friends, try to pause for a second, to reflect and to pray to our Abba Father. He is waiting for you to hear your voice and to cast your cares and anxieties to Him. Don’t worry, He will listen to you because He is longing to hear your voice.

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
(Jeremiah 29:12, NIV)


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

You are amazing and wonderful, Father that every good gift comes from you. We thank you Abba Father for the job/work we have and for your loving provision. Father, as we learn to pause, to reflect and to pray to you, bless us Lord God and we may be consistent. All glory and honor belongs to you. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace