Thursday, September 01, 2011

Be Thankful...



Before I went to bed last night, I told Daddy God to let me rest because my body aches due to the wounds and bruises on my knees and arms which I got the other day. Our God is faithful and kind enough to grant my request. I woke up past 7am and I know that I am late for work. I told myself not to go to work today for the reason that I feel very bad. Still I woke up and said to myself “Glyze, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you”. My cousin, Anjo, once told me, “If there’s no one who can’t encourage you, encourage yourself.”

Sometimes we need to accept the fact that we cannot do everything on our own, but through Him (Christ) we can do all things because He has all the resources we need. Jesus can turn sickness into excellent health and supernatural strength and lack of ability into wisdom, understanding, talents and confidence if we will just make ourselves available to Him. Of course, we also need to trust Him more than ever that He can turn the situation around for our own advantage.

We should be thankful to God no matter what happened to us. One of my favorite quotes in the Facing the Giants movie said, “God, if we win, we’ll praise you and if we lose, we’ll praise you.” That’s the attitude! Same with the scripture below…

“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”
(1 Thessalonians 5:18, NLT)


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

I thank you for all your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Without you, I am nothing and useless. Lord Jesus, I am making myself available to you. Thy will be done in my life. Dad, you deserve all the praises, glory, honor and power. In Jesus’ mighty name, Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace