Friday, August 26, 2011

The Life of JOB...

My fave.. Tulips..


As I was preparing for work this morning, I realized the things that are happening to me since last month till today. Then suddenly, I remembered the life of Job in the Old Testament. His life was tested by Satan. Did you know that when Satan wants to test us, He will ask our Abba Father’s permission first before doing anything to us? If not, now you know. Hehehe! Because we are more powerful than Satan.

God boasts Job to Satan because of his goodness and righteousness but Satan argues with the Lord. He told our Abba Father that Job is only good because of His protection to him but if he will lost everything he has, he will surely curse our Father. Then Satan asks God for permission to test or punish him. Because God is proud to Job, he permitted Satan to torment him but He forbids taking his life.

Satan’s first challenge to Job is taking the lives of His children and livestock but Job still praises God. Satan solicits God again to test Job and he grants him. The second challenge of Job is skin sores. His wife told Job to curse God but Job’s replied, "You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?" (Job 2:10 NLT)

Job three friends visit to comfort Him. One of the three told him to seek God’s favor because he might commit sins before God. Then the other two agreed that he might have committed evil to offend God’s justice. Job responds to their statements and his friends are offended that he contempt their wisdom. A young man named, Elihu interfere in their conversation. This young man makes an effort to show off God’s mercy and grace to Job.

God finally break off. He asked Job to be brave and to respond to his questions. God’s questions are abstract, aiming to show how Job knows about creation and his power. After the encounter with Abba Father, Job acknowledges God’s unlimited power and that response pleases Him. God was angry to Job’s three friends but He interceded in their behalf. Do you know what I like most after what happened to Job? Read the scripture below.

“After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before.
(Job 42:10, NIV)

As for me, my challenges are far different from Job. I have no livestock and children who died due to calamities and I did not suffer from skin sores. They are the same like yours such as personal problem, family problem, career problem and social problem. Hehehe. If you had read my previous post, I did not get the promotion or item I applied in our office but I’m still positive that our God will open great doors of opportunities in my career in our country. As for my social problem, I’m experiencing rough road with my girl friends but I believe that one day God will make them understand. As for my personal life and family, I know that all good things work together for those who love God and He will open the gates of heaven to pour out His blessings and grace to us.

The lesson I’ve learned to Job’s life is to stay in faith and acknowledge God’s unlimited power and mercy no matter what happen to us. If God restored Job’s health and providing him with twice as much as property as he had before, God can also do that to us because He is the same God yesterday, today and forever!


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

You are the same God yesterday, today and forever! You are the creator of heaven and earth! Your power and mercy is unlimited! Father, I thank you for all the things you have done to me. I know that these challenges are nothing compared to Job and I also know that you are only building and preparing me for your big miracles, major set-ups and huge blessing in my life. Thank you, Father for your trust in me because experiencing these challenges means that you are confident that I can surpass it. All glory, honor and praise belong to you. In Jesus’ mighty name, Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace