Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seek GOD First...


Like what I said to my GM (Group Message) this morning, “Why is it so easy for us to look for the things that are hard to find but it’s hard for us to seek God who is easy to find?”


We are busy seeking for other things such as career/job, fame, prestige, etc. but why not divert our attention to God? We are aware that in seeking God, everything will follow. His mercy, grace, favors, blessings, etc… But still we don’t even bother to look for Him. God gave us a promise in Matthew 6:33, NIV, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things (career/job, fame, prestige, material things) will be given to you as well.”

All good things will fall into their places if we learn to put God first in everything we do. You may say, “That’s hard, you know…” Yes, it is. That is why God gave us his Holy Spirit to administer us, to help us, to guide us and to lead us. We only have to acknowledge His presence.

If you want to seek God now, surrender to Him and pray this short prayer.

Father God, I humble and surrender myself into you. As I seek your face and love more, let only your will be done in me. Jesus, be the center of my life, be the center of everything I do. I pray that everything I do will give you glory, honor and praise. I trust you, Father. In Jesus’ mighty name, Amen!

+ + + + +

Last Sunday I talked to my Life Group Leader and ask for her permission for I might not attend our LG this week. That idea bothered me. I asked a friend about my situation and He told me to go to the “despedida” of our friend Toni and I agreed to what He advised me. But inside of me is not ok. It kept on telling me “compromise”, “compromise”. I asked God for wisdom because I’m still undecided to which party I should go.

The word during the prayerworks answered me, “Seek God first, for surely His goodness and mercy will chase you and overtake you down.” Maybe my friends don’t understand me now, but I know God will let them understand.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you for your rhema (revealed words) to me, Father. I know that seeking your face more is one of the fulfillments here on earth. Jesus be the center of everything I do. I love you, Father. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace