Sunday, August 14, 2011

My upset is a SET-UP!

I know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
(Romans 8:28, NLT)

I was rebuke again by Pastor Anthony today but it feels good! Come on! I’ve learned that “My upset is a SET-UP!” Whew! Pastor Anthony talked about “Change Perspective” and “Change Perception”. He discussed these first before bringing in the title of today’s message. Perspective is the outlook, viewpoint, angle, etc towards our life. And Perception is the observation and images that we think.

Today’s message title is “Your upset is a SET-UP!” and the biggest example of this is Joseph the dreamer. We all know the story of his life, right? He experienced major upset in his life but turned into a major set-up! In one day Joseph is a prisoner. In one day Joseph became a Prime Minister! Aren’t you excited for your “one day” come to pass? Me? I am super excited! I know its coming and I can feel it! Come on!

Pastor Anthony gave us three "keep" pointers:
1. Keep your heart right – though we are experiencing upsets in our lives, we should keep our heart right. Remember, Joseph didn’t become bitter, he become better!

2. Keep your mouth shut – in times of upset, guard your mouth. Because we tend to say things we’re not suppose to say that we must regret later.

3. Keep God’s purpose in mind – God’s purpose is the most powerful force in whole universe. Remember this scripture, Proverbs 19:21, NIV, “Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.” We have many plans for our lives, but God will still lead us to his purpose no matter what happen.

Always remember, “Life is full of upsets… But God is full of set-ups!”

Today’s captured moments…

Curious Ayelle...

Chel, Cang and Ayelle after the service...

I think, we should have ask someone to take us a photo, right?

Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you for the major set-ups you prepared for me! I know that my “one day” is coming now and I know you will turn things around for my own good. I can feel it; I can smell it and I can see it! I’m really getting excited and excited everyday! Come on! I love you, Dad! In Jesus’ name! Amen.

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace