Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Technical Writing Exam

Our Human Resource Management Officer asks me to retake the exam I’ve answered more than 2 years ago. Honestly, I’m confused about it. I ask her, “Why should I take the exam again? I’m just being transferred to different division but same position.” She told me, “I’m just being told by our Assistant Regional Director.” I understand that she’s only doing her job.

I told our Heavenly Father, “Is this my “Shaking Season”?  I know this season won’t take long like what you said in your promise. But if it is, please, help me. Give me wisdom, intelligence, understanding and strength”.

Good thing that our HRMO is super kind. She let me take home the exam. What I did is I made a survey to my friends regarding to the questionnaires. Smart? Hahaha!

Here are the questionnaires and answers to the exam.

1. What motivated you to apply for a job in a government agency like the Department of Trade and Industry?

Learning new things has always been a great motivator for me. Being an outsource employee of DTI, I’ve seen how the DTI Associates grow in their field of work and how they learn new things as time goes by. Also, I’ve chosen DTI because what I do gives me satisfaction. Helping people satisfies me. Service satisfies me. I believe I've always been able to learn something new in working from different people and tasks.


2. If you were to “sell yourself” to be hired, how would you describe yourself? Convince the Human Resource Management Officer that you are the right person to hire.

I am a person who loves God, an optimistic, a helper, quick learner, a hardworking and who is always keen to learn new things and open to new challenges. I am likewise passionate to my work and to my environment and I always stay calm in very stressful circumstances.


3. What is your interpretation of success?

My interpretation of success is the attainment of one’s goal and at the same time you are happy with it. And also not getting what you really want most but having the fulfillment with what you have. Believing that it is but of God’s will and that the best is yet to come.


4. Give some examples of times you have been criticized. How did you react and why?

3 to 4 years ago, I’ve worked in a company that they only gave me 1 week to be familiarized in my given tasks. I heard one of the employees saying “she cannot make it or she cannot do it”. Honestly, she is right. But it didn’t stop me from learning and be familiarized in my tasks. I know that I have an inquiring mind and there’s always a way in everything. I did not do or say negative things to that person maybe because I am new and I’m not the confrontational type of person. I took what she said very challenging and I took it as an opportunity to improve my work and to prove myself.


Let’s Pray.

Dear Daddy God,

I praise you for having bright and kind people around me. I know your favor is causing these people to help me in every situation that I am in. Father, as I face new tasks and circumstances, help me and guide me in every way. I love you. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace