Monday, August 01, 2011

Defeating Depression and Discouragement

Yesterday, Pastor Anthony told us that “depression and discouragement” are the greatest weapon of Satan to us (our hearts is his main target). Honestly, I’m guilty about what he said. Sometimes, I am saddened to something I already accepted and I already entrusted to God. And that depression leads to discouragement and I even think that the things I’m asking to God might not happen or might not come to pass. Grrrr, Glaiza! With God nothing is impossible! (It’s better to rebuke myself than other people rebuking me. LOL!)

Every time I am designated as the Quality Officer of the Day in our office, I usually bring a book to read (I only read when there is no client around). I prayed a quick prayer before opening my book. When I opened the book, it’s in page 188, “OVERCOME DEPRESSION”. I’ve been reading this chapter since Friday but I did not finish reading it because I’m tired and sleepy (I can’t concentrate reading when I’m sleepy). Maybe this is the reason why I didn’t finish it. As they always say, “everything has a reason/purpose”. Maybe God is telling me that this is the right time to read this chapter and He wants me to learn how to overcome my depression.

Let me share you the steps on how to overcome depression. These are from the book of Ptr. Joyce Meyer, Battlefield of the Mind:

1. Identify the nature of the problem
2. Recognize that depression steals life and light
3. Remember the good times
4. Praise the Lord in the midst of the problem
5. Ask for God’s help
6. Listen to the Lord
7. Pray for deliverance
8. Seek God’s wisdom, knowledge, and leadership

The author also said, to fully overcome depression we need to use our weapons (word of God), meditate on God and His works, and fellowship with God. Based from the steps on how to overcome depression, I’m doing fine in dealing it. Because when these spirits (depression and discouragement) strikes me, I always reminding myself about God’s love and His exceeding and precious promises for me, and also I’m reading His love letters (Bible) to us.

When these spirits strikes you, have a quiet time with God and ask for wisdom and understanding for you to be able to know what to do and how to overcome it. Remember in James 1:5, NIV, “If any of you lacks wisdom, He should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to Him.” And also, you can talk to someone who can feed your spirit or someone who can fill your cup. Thank you, Cang! I appreciate you much much! I love you with the love of our Dad!

Do not waste your time in thinking negative thoughts that will lead you in depression and discouragement. Instead meditate on God’s love and His words.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Finally, our Regional Director’s decisions for the vacant items are now announced. Things didn’t go the way we expected but I’m not depress nor discourage (this is the real reason or purpose why God let me read and understand the steps on how to overcome these spirits) because I know God has a better plan for me and I know His words never fails. As I’ve said to Darby, “Kung dating hindi tayo ganito kainit kay God, faithful siya. What more ngayon na mas mainit tayo sa kanya?”

Let me share to you one of God’s promises. It’s in 1 Corinthians 2:9, NLT.

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him.”

Thank you to Ate Grace for informing me about the memo (I know that D was behind this thingy), to Lou who cried for me, and to Ate Vina and Krissa for worrying about me. I appreciate you guys and don’t worry about me. I’m too blessed to be depressed and to be discouraged. I love you all with the love of our Father Almighty.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you for the wisdom and understanding to know what is right and wrong. Thank you for being the perfect Father and my greatest encourager and comforter. I may stumble and fall but I know your love and words will help me to rise even higher than before. I love you, Dad! In Jesus’ name, Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace