Thursday, February 02, 2012

Missing my parents

I read the blog of one of my friends yesterday and it made me missed my parents. I know his blog is not talking about the love and affection of his parents toward him and his siblings. Though his parents are arguing or fighting he is still blessed to have them. I know it’s hard for my friend to see his parents fighting and I know he is asking God “why him?” Why he put him in that family. Why his parents are always arguing or fighting. But I know that he also know the reason why. He knows that all things work together for good to those who love God and called according to his purpose.

My parents passed away when I’m in 2nd year high school and 4th year college. It’s hard. I questioned God about that. I even told God, “You really hate me. You do not want me to be happy. You want me to experience hardship in life. What will happen to us now?” I rebelled to our Heavenly Father. I do not go to church. I mocked him and so on. (My cousin Anjo can testify that). But of course that thinking have had change. I am not that person anymore. I know our Heavenly Father love me so much.

I am bringing this here not because I want to testify my transformation or whatsoever. I am writing this post so that you may realize how blessed you are to have parents by your side. Even though your parents are always fighting and arguing you are still blessed. Those misunderstandings are normal in a family and they shall come to pass. But parents who passed away, you cannot bring them back.

While you still have time, appreciate and love your parents. Maybe they are longing for your love and attention. Maybe they are looking forward for your appreciation or recognition for all the things they’ve done for you. A hug and an “I love you” mean a lot to them. Doing those simple things can change everything.

“Honor your father and mother.” This is the first commandment with a promise: If you honor your father and mother, “things will go well for you, and you will have a long life on the earth.”
(Ephesians 6:2-3, NLT)

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace