Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Transformation

I never thought that I would become a leader (a life group leader). If you know me personally, you will also agree with me. I’m a type of person who is afraid in talking in front of a crowd. There are lots of butterflies in my stomach which makes me stutter when I speak.

I still remember when my friend and I dine in a resto. He asked me to bless or to pray for the food but I told him, “lead the prayer, please” or “let’s pray on our own”. That’s how timid I am. Aside from that, I am afraid that I might say the wrong words when I pray.

But when I encounter God, everything had changed. He told me that, “I did not give you a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT). From then on I took that word seriously and I overcome my fear. Every time I am facilitating or leading a life group, a prayer and love offering exhortation, I always say to myself that I am courageous, confident and the Holy Spirit is with me.

The transformation is not that fast. It takes time and effort to do it but you cannot do it on your own. You really need the power of the Holy Spirit to work in you. But the Holy Spirit cannot work if you don’t want him to allow working in you.

Like what Pastor Anthony always say, “appreciate, acknowledge and allow the Holy Spirit to work in your midst” because apart from Him we are nothing and useless.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

We thank you for giving us your Holy Spirit to encourage, to empower and to transform us to be the person you want us to be. Father, have your way in us. We want to do your will not our will. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace