Wednesday, August 17, 2011

HE Forgets...




Hermione to her parents:  Obliviate!

What is “Obliviate”? In the book of J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series, Obliviate is a spell that is used to hide a memory of a particular event. I told a friend of mine to use that spell to me because I want to obliviate some things inside my head which cause me pain. But instead of the forgetfulness spell, he said, “Expelliarmus”, a disarming spell. I told him that I’m not holding a wand or the gryffindor sword to disarm me.

What is the connection of the above paragraph to my post today? Our God is not using any spell to forget our sins. He said in Hebrews 10:17-18, NIV, “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more. And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.” And also in Jeremiah 31:34, NIV, “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Amazing! Our God tells us that he “forgets” our sins and remembers them no more. So we no longer need to do penance (the Holy Week thingy) every year. Now, if you still have something to forget, give the memory to God and ask him to make new memories with him.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you for not remembering my sins no more. Father, if there’s still something I have to forget in my mind and my heart; I surrender them all and help me to make new memories with you. I love you, Dad. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace