Monday, September 12, 2011

Untitled Post

Wow! Now I know the feeling of “lost of words” when writing. I always hear this from my friends who are also bloggers. Uhmmm… alright, let me share to you the faithfulness and goodness of God in my life.

When I was in 2nd year high school and 4th year college, my Dad and my Mom passed away. Those were the moments when I felt God is not real. I blamed and doubted Him and even turned my back on Him. But even though I treated God like that He never left me. He kept on showering His love and blessing to me through other people.

Honestly, I rebelled to God during those times. I do not go to church, I do not read my bible and I do not pray. My thinking then is, “What for? He is not real anyways. He has this attitude of favoritism and I am His least favorite and so on.” To all my negative thinking this is the worst I’ve ever thought, “Because God is not real and He doesn’t love me, why not try to turn and call Satan?” (LOL! I’m laughing while writing this part.) Yes, that thinking did cross my mind. Scary, huh?

One day, I heard my cousins talking about these “Youth Gigs and the good looking Pastor Ruru”. Afterward I felt an urge to go to that church and attend the gig they are talking about not because of the good looking Pastor but because I felt the Holy Spirit wanted me to go there. I asked the schedules of the gigs and the location of the church which is in Green Fields during those time (2008).  I asked my best friend Taan to accompany me to go to that church and she said yes. I still remember the part of the song that touched me. It’s from the song of Chris Tomlin’s “God of this city”

For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done

I felt that God is talking to me through those lines, meaning God is not done yet in my life that He still has great things in store for me. At the last part of the gig, Pastor Ruru asked those who came in for the first time to raise their hands and go to the altar (an altar call). Well, I did not raise my hand to go to the altar but I prayed the prayer of surrender. You know, there is no magic in that prayer but if you let God work in your heart, everything will change. Since then, the fire I killed long ago started to lit again. I started to attend the youth gig every Saturday, to pray, to read the bible and to attend the Sunday Service.

If you will look closely, I gave up to God but God did not give up on me! Amazing huh? Because He loved me first, he thought of me when he planned creation, I am his beloved, I am the apple of his eyes and so on. Since then, I realized His goodness and faithfulness in my life. Even though I turned my back on Him, He did not turned His back on me instead He welcomed me again with arms wide open. That’s how gracious and merciful our Daddy God is.

Now, if you are feeling this, don’t be. God has a great plan for your life. You may not see it coming today, but trust Him. In His perfect time, you will understand everything that you do not understand and you will see the things that you do not see now. He is only preparing you for the great plans He has in store for you.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you so much for the transformation you did to me. You know how broke and empty I am before but you made me whole and you filled me with your love and grace. If you did this to me, I know that you can also do it to other people because you are the same God yesterday, today and forever! I love you, Dad! In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace