Monday, September 05, 2011

Selfish???

I had a conflict with my sister (Gladys) last night. She told me the word that I hate to hear, me being selfish or madamot. Then I told her, “I’m selfish? From now on, do not expect anything from me!” As the fire heat up between us, I want to boast the things I did for her and to her daughter but I decided to be quiet or to shut my mouth. At that moment, I’m thinking of not giving her money or not buying her daughter’s milk. Honestly, my mind is full of negative thoughts and my heart is beating faster because I was hurt to what she told me.

The next day, which is today, my heart, is still heavy from the argument we had last night. Since I woke up at 5:30am, I started my day with a prayer. I asked God for wisdom and understanding, and I asked the Holy Spirit to lead me and to guide me.

I invited Ate Grace to have a lunch date with me at Nepo Mall during lunch break and she said yes. Because I forced her to have a date with me, I insist that I will pay for our lunch. After our lunch and our conversation, we went to the supermarket. Guess what? I bought milk for Ayelle! Hahaha!

The lesson I’ve learned is that no matter what happens between me and my siblings, I will still care for them. Not because they are good to me but because I love them and I want to be an example to them.

God is also like that, though we are hard headed, disobedient and all, he still loves us unconditionally and he provides us everything we need.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Sette Dear and Jeng Dear, thank you for these scriptures… Love love and I miss you both!

Then he said (God’s Messenger), "Don't be afraid, Glaiza (Daniel). Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer.
(Daniel 10:12, NLT)
-- I inserted my name to be more personal. Hihihi!

Remember your promise to me; it is my only hope. Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.
(Psalms 119:49-50, NLT)

Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you for your Holy Spirit for calming the rage inside me. Thank you for your promises and for the people you are using to encourage and to inspire me. Continue to bless these people and continue to work in their lives. Jesus, be the center of everything I do. I pray that everything I do gives glory to our Abba Father. I love you, Dad. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace