Thursday, September 22, 2011

Untangle Your DREAMS

While D and I are waiting for the processing of our travel ticket in airasia.com, my siblings, niece and I decided to watch Tangled (Rapunzel Movie). I already watched this movie in a movie house but I felt like watching it again.

Tangled or Rapunzel is a story of a young lady who was been kidnapped and hidden in a tower for many years. Every year on her birthday, her kingdom releases flying lanterns for they are hoping that one day their Princess will return. Rapunzel dreamed to see those flying lanterns on her birthday but her Mother refuses. On the other hand, there is a group of thieves who stole the tiara of the lost princess. During the chase between the thieves and castle guards, Flynn, one of the 3 thieves discovered the tower where Rapunzel was hidden. He climbed the tower but to his surprised, Rapunzel knocked him down using a frying pan. Rapunzel hid the stolen tiara and made a proposal to Flynn. Then the story begins.

Here are some memorable quotes of the said movie.

Rapunzel: I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be? 
Flynn Rider: It will be. 
Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then? 
Flynn Rider: Well, that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream. 

Rapunzel: [singing] Flower gleam and glow. Let your powers shine. Make the clock reverse. Bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt. Change the fates' design. Save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine, What once was mine... 


Hook Hand Thug: Go, live your dream. 
Flynn Rider: I will. 
Hook Hand Thug: [Referring to Rapunzel] Your dream stinks. I was talking to her. 

Rapunzel: [During the 'I See The Light' number; Rapunzel sees Flynn holding two lanterns for her and approaches him] I have something for you too. 
[Rapunzel hands Flynn his satchel, Flynn looks surprised] 
Rapunzel: I should have given it to you before, but I was scared. And the thing is, I'm not scared anymore. You know what I mean? 
Flynn Rider: [Flynn gently pushes the satchel Rapunzel is holding in front of him aside and flashes a sincere smile] I'm starting to. 

Flynn Rider: You were my new dream. 
Rapunzel: [crying] And you were mine. 

Flynn Rider: But I know what the big question is? Did Rapunzel and I ever get married? Well I am happy to say after years and years of asking, I finally said yes. 
Rapunzel: Eugene! 
Flynn Rider: Okay, okay. I asked her. 
Rapunzel: And we're living happily ever after! 
Flynn Rider: Yes we are. 

All of us have dreams, right? God is a dream giver and when He wants to bless a man, He gives him a dream. Remember the story of Joseph? God talked to him through his dream. One night Joseph had a dream…” (Genesis 37:5a, NLT). Also Elihu mentioned it in the Book of Job, "He [God] speaks in dreams, in visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they lie in their beds." (Job 33:15, NLT)

Let us define the meaning of “DREAM”. “Dreams are powerful, it gives you energy, it gives you passion, it gives you drive, it keeps you moving forward, it sustains you, it motivates you, it pushes you beyond the limits.”

Like the Hook Hand Thug said to Rapunzel, I’m also saying it to you, “Go, live your dream! Do not disappoint our dream giver because He trusts you so much!”

Aside from the quotes above, this one is my favorite.

“She was a princess worth waiting for.” – Eugene Fitzherbert/Flynn Rider

I know someday my Prince will find me and He is going to say those words to me.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you so much for the dreams/desires that you put inside our hearts. We know that if you gave us a dream that only means you trust us and you are going to help us to its completion. Father, give us the strength to bear the difficulties while we are on our way. We love you, Dad. In jesus’ precious name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace