Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chosen Generation

♫♪ We are a chosen generation
Rise up, holy nation
God, we live for You

You have called us out of darkness
Into light so glorious
God, we live for You
We live for You
God, we live for You ♫♪

During my quiet time, I chose “Chosen Generation” by Chris Tomlin to be my devotional song. While praying to our Almighty Father, I told Him that I still don’t have an idea on what to write today and I asked him to give me wisdom.

While reading New Testament, 1 Peter 2:9 (NIV) caught my eye, it says, But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”

We are a Chosen Generation, indeed. Jesus Christ died for us to live a sinless life, a glorious life. As a chosen person, I want God to use me in fishing people for him, to be the person He wants me to be, to be an encourager to this generation and I want to give Him the excellent praises and honor He deserved. Yes, it would be hard for me to do those things but I know that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". (Philippians 4:13, NASB)


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you being in this “Chosen Generation”, Dad. Thank you for Jesus who died on the cross to free us from our sins and to give us a glorious life. I know that I do not deserve anything from you but you still chose me. I’m blessed, indeed. I love you, Dad. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace