Thursday, July 21, 2011

Proverbs of King Solomon

Here are selected proverbs of King Solomon. I pray that these proverbs will help you to understand righteous living MORE. Scriptures are written in New Living Translation. God bless you!

Proverbs 10

1 The proverbs of Solomon:
   A wise child brings joy to a father;
a foolish child brings grief to a mother.

 3 The Lord will not let the godly go hungry,
but he refuses to satisfy the craving of the wicked.

 4 Lazy people are soon poor; hard workers get rich.

 8 The wise are glad to be instructed, 
but babbling fools fall flat on their faces.

 11 The words of the godly are a life-giving fountain; 
the words of the wicked conceal violent intentions.

 12 Hatred stirs up quarrels, but love makes up for all offenses.

 13 Wise words come from the lips of people with understanding, 
but those lacking sense will be beaten with a rod.

 17 People who accept discipline are on the pathway to life, 
but those who ignore correction will go astray.

 20 The words of the godly are like sterling silver; 
the heart of a fool is worthless.

 21 The words of the godly encourage many, 
but fools are destroyed by their lack of common sense.

 22 The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich, 
and he adds no sorrow with it.

  24 The fears of the wicked will be fulfilled; 
the hopes of the godly will be granted.

 25 When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away, 
but the godly have a lasting foundation.

 27 Fear of the Lord lengthens one’s life,
but the years of the wicked are cut short.

 28 The hopes of the godly result in happiness, 
but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing.

 29 The way of the Lord is a stronghold to those with integrity, 
but it destroys the wicked.

 30 The godly will never be disturbed, 
but the wicked will be removed from the land.

 31 The mouth of the godly person gives wise advice, 
but the tongue that deceives will be cut off.

 32 The lips of the godly speak helpful words, 
but the mouth of the wicked speaks perverse words.


Proverbs 11
 2 Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

 3 Honesty guides good people; dishonesty destroys treacherous people.

 4 Riches won’t help on the day of judgment, 
but right living can save you from death.

 5 The godly are directed by honesty; the wicked fall beneath their load of sin.

 12 It is foolish to belittle one’s neighbor; a sensible person keeps quiet.

 17 Your kindness will reward you, but your cruelty will destroy you.

 18 Evil people get rich for the moment, 
but the reward of the godly will last.

 19 Godly people find life; evil people find death.

 20 The Lord detests people with crooked hearts, 
but he delights in those with integrity.

 21 Evil people will surely be punished, 
but the children of the godly will go free.

 23 The godly can look forward to a reward, 
while the wicked can expect only judgment.

 24 Give freely and become more wealthy; 
be stingy and lose everything.

 25 The generous will prosper; 
those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

 27 If you search for good, you will find favor; 
but if you search for evil, it will find you!

 30 The seeds of good deeds become a tree of life; a wise person wins friends.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Last night I am with the company of Chie and Taan. Chie saw the books I have in my paper bag, It’s Your Time and Your Best Life Now. I told her that the other book was a gift from Darby. She asked me if I can give her a hand me down book but I’m currently reading It’s Your Time (which I personally bought).

Last July 8, I asked God’s guidance to help me finished reading It’s Your Time in two weeks coz I usually finish reading a book for about four months. God helped me to finish reading the book at exactly 2 weeks time! Wow! Now, I know why He helped me because He wants me to have it for Chie.

I know God will use this book to strengthen Chie’s faith more that is why I didn’t think twice of giving it to her. I kissed my It’s Your Time Book goodbye.


 “The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.”
(Proverbs 11:25, NLT)


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you for the wisdom and understanding for me to be able to know what is right and wrong. Thank you, Dad for blessing me by the abundance of Your grace to be a blessing to other people. Help me to live generously and to give open-handedly just as you have with me. I love you, Dad. In Jesus' name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace