Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wednesday!

Note:This supposed to be a post yesterday. 


I’m so excited for this day to come! Why?

First, Prayer Works! This is the second time I’ll be attending a Prayer Works with my cousin, Anjo. Last week, I didn’t wake up in my phone’s alarm but today I woke up earlier than my alarm clock! Grace!

Pastor Jerry’s message is about the Holy Spirit and Praying. He says, “To be poor in Spirit is a state in the heart when you are humble and God wants us to have an intense prayer life because through prayers God will do miracles in our lives.”

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
(Matthew 5:3, NIV)

Our prayers should be consistent and persistent. Sometimes I’m thinking of, “Baka nagsasawa or nakukulitan na si God sa mga paulit-ulit kong mga prayers”. But today, I’ve learned that I should be more “pushy” in my prayers if I want them to happen.

“5 Then, teaching them more about prayer, he used this story:
“Suppose you went to a friend’s house at midnight, 
wanting to borrow three loaves of bread. You say to him,
6 ‘A friend of mine has just arrived for a visit, 
and I have nothing for him to eat.’ 7 And suppose he calls out from his bedroom, 
‘Don’t bother me. The door is locked for the night, and my family and I are all in bed.
I can’t help you.’ 8 But I tell you this—though he won’t do it for friendship’s sake,
if you keep knocking long enough, he will get up and give you whatever you need 
because of your shameless PERSISTENCE. 9 “And so I tell you, 
keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. 
Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, 
and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives.
Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.”
(Luke 11:5-10, NLT)


Second, Life Group! It’s my first time to attend a life group with the catalyst. I’m nervous and excited at the same time.

I went to the church before 7:30PM and I saw Ptr. Ru and his disciples having their life group in front of the entrance. As an early bird, I waited up for my co-life group to come. The first two people I met are Tina and Krisette. I introduced myself to them and we had a little chitchat about our professions.

Finally, our LG Leader and other co-life group arrived at the church. Jeng Tayag, our LG leader introduced me to the body and we had our dinner. After having our dinner, we played an icebreaker, 7 up! I know you are familiar to this game but we made a twist, instead of 7 up, we changed it into 3 up! LOL!

After playing an icebreaker, we welcome and acknowledge the presence of God and the Holy Spirit. We humbled ourselves through praying and God has many revelations for us that evening. Of course, we also have praise reports and word (gospel). Because the season today is season of miracles, we talked about miracles. First, Believe in Miracles. Second, Expect the Miracle. And third, Receive the Miracle.

“If my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven,
and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
(2 Chronicles 7:14, NIV)

 This is the first time I met these ladies (Jeng, Cristi, Tina, Krisette, Rems and the other 2) but as if I’ve known them for a long time already. Like what I’ve said to Darby, maybe our spirits introduced their selves to one another. LOL!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Last week, Ate Joan called a “sisterly love meeting” dated today but I told her that I can’t go with them due to my commitments with God. I know she get upset to what I told her but I know they will understand my reasons in the future. God will make them understand.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Thank you for this great day with you! I believe that I still have to learn many things to have a deeper relationship with you and I believe that you are going to use my new connections for that. Father, if I upset my friends for not meeting them today, I know that you are going to turn the situation around and use it for my own advantage. I pray that they will see a “change” in me through your grace so that I won’t need to invite them to attend a service but they themselves will accompany me. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace