Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Promise #18

Let me share to you a devotion I read in my email. I pray that you may learn to it like me. God bless us! Credit belongs to 365promises.com


2 Corinthians 12:9 WEB
He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 
Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, 
that the power of Christ may rest on me.


Today's promise comes from an encounter that Paul the Apostle had with the Lord Jesus Himself. It would be helpful if you could read the entire text found in 2 Corinthians 12:1-10. In a nutshell, Paul has this incredible third heaven experience where he sees amazing things that he is not able to share with others. Afterwards he encounters a 'thorn in his flesh', a messenger of Satan sent to harass him.

Three times he asked the Lord to take away this 'thorn in his flesh' and Jesus' response to Paul in the first part of verse 9 was... But he said to me, He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (WEB) After Paul heard these words from Jesus Himself, he received a new revelation of how the kingdom of God works.

In the last part of verse 9, Paul responds to Jesus by saying...  Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me. (WEB) The kingdom of God is opposite to the kingdom of this world. It is the poor in spirit that will inherit the kingdom. God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the strong. The last shall be first and of course, the weak will be made strong. 

My prayer today is that we would have eyes to see the kingdom of God and embrace it with all our hearts. When we are empty of our own ability to manage life, may we see that it is then that Christ's power rests on us. May we all be able to boast in our  weaknesses so that the strength of our elder brother Jesus, might be perfected in us.

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace