Monday, January 23, 2012

My Best Friend at HLCC

Last week, I invited my best friend to attend the Sunday Celebration in our church with me. Praise God that she accepted my invitation without hesitation.

We decided to meet at 10am in Jenra Mall, Angeles City because we will be attending the second celebration which is 11am. Unfortunately, my best friend and I arrived late at the meeting place. While we are riding the jeepney I silently prayed to God, “Please… wag niyo po kamig hayaang ma-late”. Why? Because starting January 15, our church is no longer accepting late comers to enter inside the sanctuary and that is the reason why I’m praying to Him. I don’t want my best friend’s effort to be wasted and I want her to hear the good news.

Praise God, we arrived at church 10 minutes before 11am! I put my niece at the Kidz Life for the Sunday school and we (Whey and I) enter the sanctuary.

Before the worship team sings, Whey told me that she’s like watching/seeing a concert then I smiled and nod at her then I silently prayed in spirit during the praise and worship. (By the way, my friend is not a Born Again Christian if I’m going to pray in spirit in a loud voice she might get confused.)

Pastor Anthony’s message entitled, “Understanding the Times: The wisdom to know what to do”. This is the start of the series of Exceptional Life. The main text of the message came from the scripture 1 Chronicles 12:32, NLT, “From the tribe of Issachar, there were 200 leaders of the tribe with their relatives. All these men understood the signs of the times and knew the best course for Israel to take.” Pastor Anthony’s prayer for the church is like the scripture above, “From the tribe of His Life City Church, there were 700+ Life Group Leaders. All these leaders understood the signs of the times and knew the best course to take.”

Before Dada (Pastor Anthony) started to exhort the whole message, he did a review from the previous messages. Last January 1, we declared that 2012 is the year of “Exceptional Harvest” while last Sunday we talked about the counterpart of Exceptional Harvest which is the “Season of Shaking” and even though that there would be a season of shaking there will also be a “Season of Opportunities”.

Understanding the times is that life is not gathering information but it’s about knowing what to do because wisdom is knowing and doing, understanding the seasons and knowing what to do in every season.

God places the seasons for a purpose because He is a God of purpose. In other country, they are in winter season. In winter season, the farmer plows and cultivates the field for the next season. In spiritual realm, it’s a season of preparation, humbling ourselves, seeking God and breaking.

There are ways to participate and join this winter season. First, Participate Prayer and Fasting for 40 days. Exceptional harvest has a price and God wants the best in your life so exert your best effort by participating the 40 day praying and fasting. Second, join the prayerworks on Saturday. God is serious about us and we should be serious about him too. It’s time to work overtime to God. Lastly, the 40day campaign of no complaining. In the previous post, we learned that complaining delays our exceptional harvest, complaining denies you of your promises and complaining draws curses instead of blessing. No complains, no delays.

Winter season is a season of prayer and fasting. There is power in praying and fasting. There is favor and healing in praying and fasting.

Moses fasted exceptional miracles happened…

Daniel fasted shut the mouth of lions…

Nehemiah fasts, he gain favor of the King…

Jesus fasts acquired overcoming spirit…

Dada ended his exhortation with this message, “If you want exceptional harvest this year, be ready to prepare the ground!”

Before the celebration ends, Dada asked the first timer to raise their right hand if they want to surrender their lives to Jesus. This time, I’m wondering if my best friend if she will raise her hand or not. To my surprise, she raised her hand! Wow! I hugged her and I ushered her to the altar. I’m overwhelmed and I cried that time because I did not expect that she will raise her hand. Now my prayer is God will continually empower and transform her to be the person He wants her to be. I believe that there is a reason why she came with me for the celebration. I believe God has something Big for her in the store. 

+ + + + +



After the Celebration, Whey, Glecy, Ayelle, Matthew and I attended the 1st birthday party of the son of our brother at Hampton Orchards, Calibutbut.



Here are the some photos at Gab's 1st birthday.


My bestfriend and my nephew


Sleepy Matt...

Ayelle in the big slide...





Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

I thank you for the life of my best friend, Whey and for the opportunity to hear the gospel. I also thank you for the powerful messages that you always given to us through our Pastors. Continue to bless and anoint our Pastors (Pastor Anthony, Pastor William, Pastor Jerry, Pastor Ru, Pastor Erika (Ate Erika) and Pastor Dan) with wisdom, understanding and excellent health. I love you, Dad. In Jesus’ loving name, Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace