Thursday, December 08, 2011

New Year's Eve



Yesterday, my friend, Ron, finally paid his movie debt to me and I paid my dinner debt to him. LOL! It’s been 2 months since we talked/planned about this and we also decided to invite our friend but he is busy with his stuffs. Anyway, we watched New Year’s Eve at the nearest Mall in our place and we ate Shawarma for dinner.

New Year's Eve celebrates love, hope, forgiveness, second chances and fresh starts, in the intertwining stories told amidst the pulse and promise of New York City on the most dazzling night of the year. I cried and laughed during the course of the movie. I just don’t know to my friend if He did the same thing. Hehe.
Here are my favorite lines/quotes of the movie.

Grandpa Jed: "So you went out for a slice of pizza, right? And you may have just run into "the one." You know what that is?"
Sam: "Insanity?"
Grandpa Jed: "Serendipity. You don't mess with serendipity."


Claire: "It's suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the New Year, to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps - our promises made, and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures - or closed ourselves down, for fear of getting hurt. Because that's what New Year's is all about: getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And stop worrying about 'what if' and start embracing what would be. So when that ball drops at midnight - and it will drop - let's remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight but all year long."


Claire: "Remember, second chances don't expire until midnight."

Narrator: It only happens once a year: New Year's Eve. It's a time when hopeless can be romantic, and a resolution can become a revelation. And when one night can change everything.

After watching the movie, we look for a place where we can rest and have a quiet time with God. We prayed for our friendship, fellowship and also to the people around us (friends). Then we walked to Clark Main Gate to ride a jeepney. While we are walking, there is a child, about 8 or 9, who comes to us and asking for a penny. Ron gave him what he asked for but I told the child, “I have something for you but it’s not money. Do you want me to bless you with a prayer?” The child answered, yes. But before we prayed, I asked him if He knows Jesus. Here is our conversation
Me: Do you know Jesus?
Child: Yes
Me: Who is He?
Child: Son of Mary
Me: And?
Child: The one giving us food
Me: Yes, He is. Aside from that He is our Lord and Savior. He died for us to wash away our sins. Do you know that we are all sinners? I have my own sins and shortcomings. Now, who is Jesus?
Child: He is my savior.
Me: Very good.

Then I looked at Ron and I asked Him to pray for the child. Why? Because I’m trembling with shyness. LOL! After we prayed, I told my friend, “That’s the first time I did that!” He is surprised to what I told him and I’m also surprised to what I did. Then I told Ron again, “We forgot to ask Him if He wants to receive Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior”. But we know what we did to him will have an impact to his life.

After Ron and I parted ways, God reminded me of Acts 3 and the prayer of my leader during our Life Group. She asked God to give us boldness like Peter.



Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the wonderful evening that you gave us. I thank you that I continue to experience your love through my friends. Father, I thank you for the boldness and courage you gave us in praying in a public place. Lord, we are not ashamed of you. We love you and we honor. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace