Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas version of 1 Corinthians 13

For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
(Isaiah 9:6, NLT)


It’s 9:45PM, December 24, 2011, in our country now. I started my devotion before 12mn strike and I want to have a one-on-one moment with our Savior before anything else.

While I’m having my devotion, I read a Christmas version of 1 Corinthians 13 from an unknown author.

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family -- I'm just another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table, but do not show love to my family --I'm just another cook.

If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love to my family -- it profits me nothing.

If I trim the tree with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the church choir, but do not focus on Christ -- I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child.
Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.
Love is kind, though harried and tired.
Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table lines.
Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way.
Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return.
Love bears all thing, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.

I pray that LOVE will help you set your priorities this Christmas season and may we keep the true meaning of it.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

We thank you for loving us first by giving your one and only Son to save us from all our sins. Father, help us to keep the true meaning of having Christ in our lives. We love you. In Jesus’ name. AMEN!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace