Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hebrews 11-13

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
(Hebrews 11:1, NLT)

My service contract at DTI will end at the end of this month. I’m worrying that I might not extend or whatsoever. Honestly, I need my work here. But if you are going to ask me if I’m still happy, I will answer you, “not anymore”. There are complicated things that I cannot handle anymore especially if it’s about emotion.

I texted my divine connections to pray for me, a new work. As Ida declared, “The best appointed job and position, high paying job, Saturday and Sunday off, with great benefits”. I replied to her, “You forgot easy to get along workmates”. Then she told me, “Sis, I did not include that because you will be tested as a Christian and you will win them in that area”. I agree on what she told me and I told her a story which is a burden to me for more than a year. She advises me to talk to that person through a letter or a text. I told her, “I already emailed her and she answered me sarcastically”. Finally, Ida told me to let that person go and bless her.

When I got home, I told myself to read my bible because it’s been almost a week since I opened it. When I look my bible reading plan, I stopped on Hebrews 10 meaning I should continue reading Hebrews 11, right? I opened my bible in Hebrews 11; I was amaze to the title of the said chapter, “Great Examples of Faith”.
 
Then I continued reading Chapter 12, “God’s Discipline Proves His Love”. He said in this chapter, “My child, don’t make light of the Lord’s discipline, and don’t give up when he corrects you. For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.” (Hebrews 12:5-6, NLT) Discipline is painful. I also know that He is disciplining me in some areas of my life but I know this discipline is for my own good.
 
Chapter 13, “Concluding Words”. God said to me, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”
 
I was crying when I’m reading the 3 remaining chapters of the book of Hebrews. I told myself, “God is truly faithful. He knows what we need in times of like this. He knows I need encouragement, He encourage me through the faith of the Old Testament people. He is disciplining me but He only proves that He loves me. He knows that I feel alone and people around me are against to me but he proves that he will never fail me and he is my helper”. What a great revelation from our Heavenly Father!
 
 
Let’s pray.
 
Dear Daddy God,
 
Father, I’m overjoyed by you! I cannot contain the feeling. I just wanna worship you, honor you and glorify you! Thank you, Dad! In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace