Monday, December 05, 2011

I Want Your Will To Be Done

I’m having a battle since Friday night. The battle is between God’s will and my will. I want to elaborate it but it’s difficult. Since I’ve found out what He wants for me, I broke down and cried.

I know that “God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?” (Numbers 23:19, NLT) and I also know that “Everything has already been decided. It was known long ago what each person would be. So there's no use arguing with God about your destiny.” (Ecclesiastes 6:10, NLT) But I still believe that there is an exemption to the rule. Like what happened to King Hezekiah. God heard his prayer.

1 About that time Hezekiah became deathly ill, and the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to visit him. He gave the king this message: “This is what the Lord says: Set your affairs in order, for you are going to die. You will not recover from this illness.” 2 When Hezekiah heard this, he turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord3 “Remember, O Lord, how I have always been faithful to you and have served you single-mindedly, always doing what pleases you.” Then he broke down and wept bitterly.
4 But before Isaiah had left the middle courtyard, this message came to him from the Lord5 “Go back to Hezekiah, the leader of my people. Tell him, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your ancestor David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears. I will heal you, and three days from now you will get out of bed and go to the Temple of the Lord6 I will add fifteen years to your life, and I will rescue you and this city from the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my own honor and for the sake of my servant David.’” (2 Kings 20:1-6, NLT)

I know that He is a God so he does not change his mind but I also know that He is compassionate and merciful. Like what I’ve said last night to my group message, “Father, I’m hurting. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

I want your will be done, not mine. I know that I do not understand your will for me right now but I believe that in your time, all things will be beautiful. Thank you, Father. In Jesus’ name. AMEN!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace