Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween Lesson

Yesterday, our whole country visited their loved ones in the cemetery. But as for me, I chose to stay at home with my sister, niece and nephew. I’d love to visit the grave of my Mom but there’s something inside me that tells “no”.

While my sister and I is at Mommyow’s house in Mabalacat, I asked her, “Do you talk with the dead, I mean to our Mom every time you visited her grave?” She answered me, “yes”. Then I told her, “From now on, don’t ever do that again!” Why I forbid her in talking with our Mom? Because our Mom is already dead, she can’t hear us and talk to us like before.

Do you remember what King Saul did why our Almighty God removed the throne to him? He consulted a medium to talk with the dead. Read the scripture below to understand what I am trying to say.

Saul died because he was unfaithful and disobeyed the LORD. He even asked advice from a woman who talked to spirits of the dead, instead of asking the LORD. So the LORD had Saul killed and gave his kingdom to David, the son of Jesse.
(1 Chronicles 10:13-14, CEV)

Again, I asked my sister if she is still praying for the soul of our Dad and Mom. She answered me the same answer. I told her, “You don’t have to do that. Why? Because they are already judged and they are the one who are praying for us. Why? Because they want us to walk in a righteous path. If they are in hell, they are praying that we won’t do the things that make our Almighty Father mad at us. If they are in heaven, they are praying that God will sustain us with his power and grace.”

Now, if you are still doing what my sister does, I’m asking you to think about it. We have different beliefs and point of views regarding on this matter.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

We know what Saul did during his time. We pray that we may not imitate his work and we may learn the examples of King David in consulting or inquiring you all the time. Thank you, Father. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen! 

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace