Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gift of Choice

We had our life group last Monday because our leader will be leaving our country today, Wednesday, for a Singapore Trip with her family.

Last week, Jeng assigned me to facilitate a quiz for the Book of John 1-5 and for our life group. I red and prepared a quiz for the said scope and also a reward for the person who will get a highest score. The group told me to move the quiz next week because some of them are not prepared rather they did not read the Book of John 1-5. But I insisted that it’s better to do it now rather than next week because there’s a possibility that I will eat the reward. Maybe you’re asking about the reward, the reward is a Kitkat Crunch.

After we checked the answer sheets, our leader got the highest score of 25/30 and she shared the reward to the group. Jeng told Mie to prepare a quiz next week for the Book of Acts 1-5. Then I started facilitating our life group. I started our discussion with this question, “Have you made a choice before that you are already reaping its reward today?”

Here are our answers to the question.

Mie: I choose to go with my boyfriend here at church. Through that I met and accept Jesus.

Sheng: same with Mie.

Remsy: Same with Mie. If Krisette quitted on me, I will not be here today.

Jeng: likewise

Me: well, we all have the same answer. We are all spiritual people here, huh!

Why did I ask that question? Because our topic would be the “Gift of Choice”. What is choice? Choice is one of the most important gifts from God. Some of us take this gift for granted and some do not know how to use its advantage.

Deuteronomy 30:15-20, NLT
15 “Now listen! Today I am giving you a choice between life and death, between prosperity and disaster. 16 For I command you this day to love the Lord your God and to keep his commands, decrees, and regulations by walking in his ways. If you do this, you will live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy.
 17 “But if your heart turns away and you refuse to listen, and if you are drawn away to serve and worship other gods, 18 then I warn you now that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live a long, good life in the land you are crossing the Jordan to occupy.
 19 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! 20 You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This[a] is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”


Based from the scripture above, when God gives us a choice, He is calling the heaven and earth to witness the decision we will make. Wow! Powerful, huh!

In making a choice, you also need to consult God to guide and lead you in choosing the right for you. If you have done wrong choices before, the good news is, you can still change it by choosing the right today. Always remember, “What you will become in the future is a result of the choices you make today”.


The Test Paper


Let’s pray.

Almighty Father, we thank you for the Gift of Choice. Forgive us that sometimes we take for granted this gift and we do not know the advantage or use of this gift. As I always pray, give us wisdom, understanding and discernment in choosing the right choice for our life. We love you. In Jesus’ name. AMEN!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace