Monday, April 16, 2012

Open Rebuke

I texted selected friends awhile ago that if they have feeling of resentment towards me, it is better to tell it straight on my face than to know it through other people and worst that they are treating me as if I do not exist or they are giving me “cold shoulders”.

Why I send them messages like that? Am I experiencing it right now? To be honest, I experienced it before and I do not want to happen again that is why I’m telling my friends in advance. LOL!

My friend and I have this close friend of ours. She is like a big sister to us. She helps and gives us advices in our work and life, she is our 911 and she is our model in travel and adventure. Suddenly, everything has changed. We do not know the reason why she changed. She is treating us as if we do not exist and when we talk or ask something from her we can only get 2 words per answer or sometimes we can only receive a nod or make face as her answer. Ouch, right?

Weeks, months and even years had passed, we still do not know the reason why. But I only know one thing, we missed her a lot! We are still hoping that someday we will be like the old year’s again—chatting up to 12mn, dining out, etc.

Aside from that, 2 weeks ago, our life group had a surprise open forum. One of my kapatids confessed to our leader that she was offended on what she did months ago. She stated her side and everything that happened during those times. She said to us, “I know that I am not that person. Satan keeps on feeding me negative thoughts. While Jeng is praying for me, I told myself, “fine! Cry whatever you want! And Say whatever you want to say! But I won’t listen to you!”” Our leader was surprised to her confession then she said to her, “I know that there is an evil spirit who is feeding you negative thoughts that time.” Then my kapatid asked for forgiveness to our leader.

A moment later, another kapatid confessed that she was offended, none other than by me. Like Jeng, I was surprised to what she told us. The incident happened when our life group leader was assigned to exhort at His Life Laguna. She added that she was unable to sleep for one week because of that incident. Then Jeng asked me if I know about the matter. I told her, “I do not know that I offended her. I asked her to move because many people came in front for the altar call.” Jeng told us, “It’s better to say right away that you are offended by someone else. Like what happened to my kapatid, she was unable to sleep for one week while I sleep comfortably”.

After that night, it made me appreciate and love our group more. As the scripture says, “An open rebuke is better than hidden love” (Proverbs 27:5, NLT)


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

I thank you for the lives of my sisters in Christ. I know that circumstances like these make us stronger, happier and matured. Father, I pray that we will be an encourager and helper for one another to keep the fire burning in our heart. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace