Sunday, April 08, 2012

Apostle Peter and John

The Catalyst Network had their first ever Encounter God Weekend last April 5-7 at Mt. Peniel, Tarlac. This EGW is one of the best highlights of my Christian walk this 2012.


The Catalyst of His Life City Church

While our group is going back home, we are listening to Joyce Meyer podcast. In her message, she said that Apostle Peter loves to say “I love Jesus” (Read John 21:15-17). On the other hand, Apostle John loves to say “I am the disciple whom Jesus loved”.

Yesterday, while I’m washing our clothes, I had a revelation of what Joyce Meyer message. Saying “I love Jesus” is different to “I am loved by Jesus”. It’s easy for us to say “I love Jesus” but do we truly love Him constantly? I mean, do we love Him 100% whether our circumstance is favorable or not? I bet not, let us read the scripture below.

54 So they arrested him and led him to the high priest’s home. And Peter followed at a distance.55 The guards lit a fire in the middle of the courtyard and sat around it, and Peter joined them there.56 A servant girl noticed him in the firelight and began staring at him. Finally she said, “This man was one of Jesus’ followers!” 57 But Peter denied it. “Woman,” he said, “I don’t even know him!” 58 After a while someone else looked at him and said, “You must be one of them!” “No, man, I’m not!” Peter retorted. 59 About an hour later someone else insisted, “This must be one of them, because he is a Galilean, too.” 60 But Peter said, “Man, I don’t know what you are talking about.” And immediately, while he was still speaking, the rooster crowed. 61 At that moment the Lord turned and looked at Peter. Suddenly, the Lord’s words flashed through Peter’s mind: “Before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know me.” 62 And Peter left the courtyard, weeping bitterly.

We know that Peter loves Jesus but when the circumstance is not favorable, he denied Him three times.

We also know that we are loved by Jesus. We know that He loves us e HHHeconstantly, His love endures forever. His love never fails and never changes and His love for us is stubborn. Even though we sinned countless times against Him, He always forgives us. That’s how stubborn is love for us.

May you enlighten to this revelation today that no matter what you do, you are loved by Jesus constantly. And this is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for you and for me. (1 John 3:16, NIV)


Let’s pray.

Dear Heavenly Father,

We come to you today with a grateful heart. We thank you for loving us unconditionally and stubbornly. We love you too. In Jesus’ most precious name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace