Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fatherly Love

I’m a “work” in progress of our Creator. I have so many bad or negative characters that God is dealing with me. Aside from being fearful and timid, I’m also a doubter or worrier especially for the love of our Heavenly Father.

My life story can be a movie. If you read my previous posts, you will understand what I’m talking about. If not, I can review it for you.

I came from a broken family, my Dad is a Muslim and he has five (5) wives and we are his 5th family. Because we are his 5th family, he is not living with us. I only have little memories or moments (like we go fishing) with him. We barely spend time but I know that he is trying his best to be with us especially when we need him.

When I’m only 13 years of age, God called my Dad to be with Him. My youngest sibling is only 3 years old then. I am worrying what will happen to us that time because my Mom is just a plain housewife meaning she is not working or whatsoever.

My Dad’s first family asked me if I want to pursue my studies. Of course, I want to! They said that I will pursue my studies but I have to live with them in Mabalacat (away from my Mom and siblings). Because of my eagerness to finish my studies, I left my Mom and my siblings at San Fernando.

Since my Dad died, my Mom opened a store. She is waking up as early as 3 o’clock in the morning to buy raw meats and vegetables at Pampang Market to sell in our baryo.

After 4 years, my Mom was diagnosed of Breast Cancer. I witnessed her suffering due to her illness that made me think if God really exists. After 2 years, my Mom died and it made my whole life upside down. I started doubting, questioning and hating God. I hate Him more than I know Him. If God has favorites, I am His least favorite!

I hated God for more than 5 years and in those years, I cursed Him so much! My vision about God changed when I encounter Him; I began to know that He is not like what I’m thinking about. God loves to lavish His love for us (1 John 3:1), He has no favorites (Galatians 2:6) and He never leaves nor forsakes me (Hebrews 13:5).

When I know Him, I started repenting for all my sins. You know what made me dumbfounded? He forgives me (1 John 1:9), He welcomes me (Luke 15:20) and He gave up everything He loved to gain my love (Romans 8:31-32).

From then on, I started calling God as “Dad” because He is our Father, our Heavenly Father. My friends can attest to that.

Regarding to my doubting and worrying character, God told me to “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalms 46:10b). I know that in His presence everything will be fine. Like what my mentor/leader always says, “You are entitled to worry if God is not sitting on His throne anymore” which I know that it’s impossible.

Now, if you have doubting and worrying character like me, I will tell you like what God told me, “Be still in His presence”. Because in His presence, we are safe, guarded, protected and secured. Always remember that nothing can separate us from His love.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God

We are in awe of you! Truly, that you are the God of love. We are so blessed that we have a loving and caring Father. We know that everything that is happening to us is according to your purpose and will. We love you. In Jesus’ precious name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace