Saturday, October 01, 2011

I miss HIM MORE!

Today is the first day of the last quarter and 15 days before my love offering exhortation. I still don’t know what to exhort on that day but I know God will be with me. Uhhmm… It’s been 4 days since I had my quiet time with God. I know that He miss me but I miss him more!

Let me share to you some selected scriptures that I studied today.

“Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.”
(Psalm 9:10, NIV)

What a wonderful assurance from our Father!

"Remember, O LORD, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes." And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
(Isaiah 38:3, NIV)

I remember this prayer of King Hezekiah because I once prayed a prayer like this. I told our Daddy God that we are faithful to Him, we did what is right in his eyes, we walk in the light, that every time we talk we are talking about him, and so on. Then God answered me, “I know what I am doing, my  princess”.

“18 But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. 19 For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
(Isaiah 43:18-19a, NLT)

Amen! We tend to look back on the past things that we do not see what God is doing to us today. As he said in NIV translation, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.

“I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.
(Isaiah 43:25, NIV)

God forgives. Amen! God is merciful, gracious and compassionate.

27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!” 28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed. 29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”
(John 20:27-29, NIV)

Let’s just be honest here. We have this kind of attitude, right? “To see is to believe”. Why don’t we change our mind-set? That is “To believe is to see”. As Jesus said, blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

I know you miss me but I miss you more! Father, help me to change my mind-set that is to believe first before seeing it and continue to speak to me through your words. I love you, Dad. I miss you so much. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace