Friday, October 07, 2011

Arise and Shine, Glaiza!

Isaiah 60

1 “Arise, Glaiza (Jerusalem)! Let your light shine for all to see. 
For the glory of the Lord rises to shine on you. 
3 All nations will come to your light; 
mighty kings will come to see your radiance.
5 Your eyes will shine, 
and your heart will thrill with joy, 
for merchants from around the world will come to you. 
They will bring you the wealth of many lands. 
15 “Though you were once despised and hated, 
with no one traveling through you,
I will make you beautiful forever, 
a joy to all generations.
19 “No longer will you need the sun to shine by day, 
nor the moon to give its light by night,
for the Lord your God will be your everlasting light,
and your God will be your glory. 
20 Your sun will never set; 
your moon will not go down. 
For the Lord will be your everlasting light. 
Your days of mourning will come to an end.
21 All your people will be righteous.
They will possess their land forever,
for I will plant them there with my own hands
in order to bring myself glory.
22 The smallest family will become a thousand people,
and the tiniest group will become a mighty nation.
At the right time, I, the Lord, will make it happen.”


Isaiah 61

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
for the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted 
and to proclaim that captives will be released 
and prisoners will be freed.[a]
2 He has sent me to tell those who mourn 
that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,[b]
and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.
3 To all who mourn in Israel,[c]
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair. 
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks 
that the Lord has planted for his own glory. 
6 You will be called priests of the Lord,
ministers of our God. 
You will feed on the treasures of the nations 
and boast in their riches.
7 Instead of shame and dishonor, 
you will enjoy a double share of honor. 
You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land, 
and everlasting joy will be yours. 
10 I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! 
For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation 
and draped me in a robe of righteousness. 
I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit 
or a bride with her jewels.
11 The Sovereign Lord will show his justice to the nations of the world.
Everyone will praise him! 
His righteousness will be like a garden in early spring, 
with plants springing up everywhere.



God’s revelation overwhelmed me! Before, I hate crying every time I am praying and reading God’s word. Now, I’m enjoying it. I can say that my devotion is not complete if I did not shed a tear.

Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

I am overwhelmed and speechless to your words, Dad! For I know you are true to your words and every promises that you made to us they are “yes” to Christ. Thank you, Dad. I love you much! In Jesus’ name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace