Monday, February 13, 2012

Biblical definition of the word LOVE

Biblical definition of the word LOVE:

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 
– 1 Corinthians 13:1-7, NLT

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. 
– Proverbs 10:12, NIV

Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends. 
– Proverbs 17:9, NLT

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
– Romans 8:38-39, NIV


So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. 
– John 13:34-35, NLT

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 
– John 15:13, NIV

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 
– 1 John 4:8, NIV



This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. 
– 1 John 4:10, NLT

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 
– 1 John 4:18, NIV

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 
– John 3:16, NIV

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 
– 1 John 3:16, NIV


When we feel unloved, incomplete, forgotten or forsaken, always go back to the cross. Jesus Christ laid down his life for you and for me to give us full and abundant life, to satisfies us, to completes us, to renew us, and to redeem us. Always remember that we are precious, treasured, valued and loved by Him.


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

We thank you for your unfailing and everlasting love. We thank you for our big brother Jesus Christ for laying his life for us. We thank you for your Holy Spirit for comforting us when we feel unloved by the people around us. May your love dwell in us and we may be able to share your love to others. We love you, Dad! In Jesus’ precious and loving name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace