Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Do not fret! God will do great wonders for you!

During our prayer in our DGROUP last night, the Holy Spirit empowered and saturated us in His unlimited power. His presence is so strong that we are able to breakthrough in our prayers. God answered my questions last Tuesday night through our mentor/leader (Jeng).

Last Tuesday night (after I attended the DGROUP of our network, catalyst/young professional network), I saw unwashed plates, glasses, spoons, forks and cooking utensils in our lavatory. I told my siblings, “What made you guys busy that you did not washed the plates?” I don’t want to ruin my night because of the unwashed utensils. While I’m washing them, I told God, “Dad, I’m tired and exhausted. I do not know if I’m pleasing you in the things I’m doing in the church and in my family. I do not know if you are listening to me. And so on…” After saying those things I rebuke myself and I said, “What are you thinking/saying? Satan is making you think those negative stuffs/things. You know that God hears you when you pray. Stop those thoughts!” Then I asked God for forgiveness because I knew I hurt him for thinking those stuffs/things.

After the Wednesday prayerworks, I talked to Pastor Dan about intercessory and other stuffs. He told me that sometimes (I think most of the times) Satan put a spirit of hesitations and fears in our hearts so that we will doubt God about his promises and plans. I agreed with him and told him, “That’s what happened to me last night.” Pastor Dan told me to join the mentoring later in the afternoon at Cinco de Mayo.

Evening came, my mentor/leader assigned me to facilitate our gathering that night. I texted Pastor Dan that I cannot join them because I need to prepare (intercede) for our gathering. But God has better plans; the mentoring of Pastor Dan ended early. He joined our life group because He wants to see me facilitating the gathering. Then our mentor/leader says, “If you have questions about spiritual stuffs feel free to ask Pastor Dan.” I suggested to Jeng, “Instead of facilitating the LG tonight. Let us took advantage of asking questions to Pastor Dan. Let us seize the opportunity!” She agrees to my suggestion and she told me, “You will still be facilitating the LG next week”. We asked various questions to him. Some of them are about our BPIL (Best Partner In Life).

“The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the LORD.” (Proverbs 18:22,NLT)

Women are treasures. Men should be the one looking for a wife not the other way around.

“House and riches are the inheritance from fathers, but a wise, understanding, and prudent wife is from the Lord.” 
(Proverbs 19:14, Amplified Bible)

Indeed. Our earthly fathers can give us earthly possessions but only God can give what a man want for a wife.

When Pastor Dan left us, we started praying. Our mentor/leader leads the prayer. She prayed each one of us. When it’s my time for her to pray for me, here is what he says: “The Lord is telling to you right now, do not fret! Do not fret! He is with you. He can see the things that you are doing for him. Do not fret! Age is just a number. Do not fret! He is able to give what you desire. He knows your desires. And so on… (I forgot the others... huhuhu!)” I know our God is bigger than my worry (my worries about my relationship with Him, family, ministry, work and love life. LOL) that is why most of the times He is reminding me of my life verse for this year. “Be still, and know that I am God!” (Psalms 46:10a) and “Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.”(Psalms 37:4, NIV)

Then she said to the group, “The Holy Spirit is telling me that God will rise up a prophet in our group. She will be prophesying. She will see visions. She will dream dreams.” I told God, “Dad, In Jesus’ name, I’m claiming it right now”. Hehehe!

After we pray Jeng told me, “God is giving you this verse. Joshua 3:5, “Purify yourselves (yourself), for tomorrow the Lord will do great wonders among (for) you!” I asked God what He wants to purify from me. Then I remember the conversation Krisette and I had before. God wants me to purify my thoughts.


Let’s pray

Dear Daddy God,

Father, thank you for the people around me. I know these people will help me to be the person you want me to be. Help me to purify and sanctify myself in the areas you want me to be purified. Thank you and I love you, Dad. In Jesus’ precious name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace