Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Status: AVAILABLE

I have an officemate who is always asking about the status of my love life. We have an officemate who is also single and he is trying to match us. Every time he is asking me, I’m just nodding my head or answer him yes or no. Then he asked me, “You’re available, right? He is also available.” “Yes, I am… to God” I answered. He says again, “We are all available to God”. I told him, “Not all is available to God.”

It’s easy for us to say that we are available for him but the question is… “Are we REALLY available?” Availability and obedience comes together. How can a child obey his Father’s instructions if he is not available or the child is busy doing other stuff?

Many of us are available but not obedient and there are people who want to obey but they have no time.

A week before, my cousin and I have this kind of discussion. He told me, “According to Pastor Oriel, if you are busy to your work, you should be also busy to God”. I answered him, “Yes, we should be busy with God. How can you be busy with Him if you are not available in the first place? You took what I said literally. Availability doesn’t mean you do not have work or you are not studying or you’re not doing anything. Availability is no matter how busy you are in your work and studies, you still have time to be available to serve God and to obey his commands and instructions.”

Available it’s not just a status regarding love life. It should also our status to our Father in Heaven. Remember, when God wants to use people, He is not looking for ability. He is looking for availability. God can equip you just be available for Him.

And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
– Isaiah 6:8, ESV


Regarding to my office mate who is doing match making, I simply told him, "I know in my spirit that he is not the one for me." "Why? He is good looking." he said. "Because I know so. God will give the best and also good looking for me. He is preparing us just right for each other." I don't want to elaborate more to him because I don't want to raise an argument in our office about this matter. 


Let’s pray.

Dear Daddy God,

Father, today I choose to be available for you. I know that you are not looking for ability but you are looking for availability and obedient heart. Father, equip me to be the person you want me to be and use me for your greater glory. Thank you, Dad. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace