Sunday, June 03, 2012

Thirsty? Drink the Living Water


Three weeks ago, my friend gave me a tumbler, a Nalgene Tumbler. Since then I challenged myself to drink at least 4-5 liters of water every day to lose weight.

I told my friends about the challenged I set for myself, and they have informed me that water has many health benefits. Some of my friends told me that water could make us look younger and can make our skin healthy while my aunt added that it was vital for efficient digestion.

I strongly agree with these comments. The most common fact about drinking water is that it can heal us. If we could still remember, our parents and grandparents told us to “drink plenty water” when we are sick because they knew that water possessed healing properties, and it can avoid dehydration.

Aside from the “literal water," I would like to talk about the water that only Jesus can offer to us, the living water. Read John 4 for reference.

When Jesus met the Samaritan woman in Jacob’s well, He asked for a drink. However, the woman was surprised on what Jesus asked from her because in their time, Jews refused to have nothing to do with the Samaritans. Then Jesus replied to her, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.” (John 4:10)

What does Jesus mean about the “Living Water”? He explained that “Those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” (John 4:14) After hearing what Jesus said, the Samaritan woman asked Jesus to give him the water. He is telling about so that she will never be thirsty again.

Maybe you are asking what the “Living water” Jesus is offering to us. In the Book of John 7:37-39, Jesus enlightens us about it.

“On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’” (When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)”

Yes, the Living Water is the Holy Spirit, and He lives in us. If the living water is already in us, does it mean that we will never be thirsty again? As Jesus promised, we will not be thirsty again. But we should always fill ourselves with the Holy Spirit through continuous “drinking” by singing hymns, praying, reading and hearing the word of God.

If the literal water has many benefits for us, the Living Water also has many benefits. It quenches our thirst such as our need for the love of God, and so on.

Surely, both literal and Living Water has many benefits for us. I pray that we will never take it for granted because they will always be for our own good, physically and spiritually.


The Halgene Tumbler





Let’s pray.

Dear Heavenly Father,

We thank you for the literal and living water that you have given us. Help us to appreciate and use it with care at all times. We love you. We bless you. We honor you. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen!

0 comments:

For God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. – Romans 11:29, NIV

About Me

My Photo
Glaiza Samson-Siron
A seeker and lover of our Lord Jesus Christ. A favored princess who is patiently waiting for our King’s promises comes to pass. A child of the Most High God who is hungry and thirsty to our Abba Father’s words. A person who wants to be the person God wants her to be.
View my complete profile

Followers

Let's talk...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Saving Grace